Thursday, June 2, 2011

birthday week

This week is invariably the busiest week of my year. Thank god it lies almost directly opposite holiday season (both for my sanity and for my piggybank). This, my friends, is birthday week. For as long as I can remember, I have been surrounded by Gemini’s. Apparently I am drawn to people with multi-faceted personalities (or maybe just multiple personalities… hehe). So check it out, it goes a little something like this:

Mother's Day --- the official kick-off
5/27 bestfriend
5/29 mom
5/31 dad
6/1 half-sister
6/2 fiance
6/9 stepmom
6/17 [future] mother-in-law
6/18 [future] brother-in-law
Father's Day --- phew... made it

As you can probably imagine, I have been incredibly busy (although I must admit it has been a nice break from navigating the ever-present madness at Whole Foods as there’s absolutely no need for groceries when we’re eating out virtually every meal!!!). And I have been on an unrelenting quest to find the “perfect gift” for each of these people who are all so incredibly special to me, and who I feel deserve nothing short of the world.

So in accordance with the overarching theme of my week, I thought I would share a few of these gifts with you guys – plus I’ve added a few things that we have been designing into some of our most recent projects that I am currently obsessed with (and would definitely go on my personal ‘wish-list’).

For the die-hard Yankee fan in the family (in my case that would be my mother), I got these. And for the gadget guy who is trying oh-so-hard to stay current with today’s technology (ahem --- dad), how could you possibly resist this (unless, of course, you waited in line at 5am to get it the week it was released like someone I know who shall remain nameless, but is very near and dear my heart). But I would have to say my fiancĂ©’s present took the gold this year. As I have learned over the years, the reel way to a man’s heart is through his rod --- especially if he’s an avid fly-fisherman!!!

----------- things that I am currently obsessed with ------------




And no kitchen could ever be complete without one of these...

Happy gifting!!!

Xo,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment